September 10, 2012

Sustainability Fair Wrap Up!

Yesterday the worms made their public display debut at the Connellsville Sustainability Fair!

I finished their viewable bin by stacking some organic waste and putting in the worms with a layer of cardboard:
worm bin display
worm bin display
and then labeling the layers:  
worm bin display
Once I arrived, I set up the posters, samples, and some gummi worms in crushed Oreos for the kiddies. (I positioned these on opposite sides so attendees would understand there was no funny business between worms & food!)
worm bin displayworm bin display
I talked worms, worms, worms with everyone, and talk with some great people doing a lot of environmentally friendly things in my area.

Here are some other photos from the event:
Sustainability Fair
Sustainability Fair
Sustainability Fair
Sustainability Fair
Sustainability Fair
My favorite exhibitor was Wildlife Works, who brought this little guy:
Wildlife Works turtle
More about what I learned at the Fair coming this week...in addition, I am going to be learning the heck out Wordpress, since I launched my Lilliworm website and am attempting to move the blog over the next few weeks. 

Until I am comfortable with the setup over there, I'm going to continue to post here- thanks for your patience during the move!




No comments: