January 7, 2013

New Year, New Worm Goals!

If you've followed this blog, you know I've taken a pound of worms and lots of kitchen scraps and turned it into my own mini-worm empire, complete with Wigwam and small organic garden.

OK, I'm exaggerating a little bit- but that's always been my goal...in baby steps, of course! Given that worm wrangling and organic endeavors aren't my full time gig, I have to keep my wiggly and earth-friendly resolutions modest and grounded- ha! worm joke!

For 2013, I plan to:

1.  Organize and plant my 2nd organic garden, with the help of vermicompost, of course!
The 2012 effort was good, but in 2013 I am aiming for the absolute sweetest, reddest, most delicious-est strawberries in the history of organic gardening. 
As we last left the garden in October, it was sleeping. Expect berry-licious things- and if you have any berry-tastic growing tips, do tell!
organic garden

2.   Keep up with worms socially.
No, I won't be attending worm parties or taking them on outings! I'm just following some great people and companies on Twitter to keep up with recent worm news, and sharing wherever and whenever I can @Lilliworm.
Lilliworm logo


3.   Work on securing a consistent, reliable, but not overwhelming food source for the worms.

Mostly they are sustained on my family's scraps alone, but I know the Wigwam can handle a lot more. I have a few great leads, and I'd like to see them through in 2013.  Full worms are happy worms, and happy worms make vermicompost!
worm wigwam

I appreciate all of my readers, and I hope you join me for more organic endeavors in 2013! Happy New Year!


No comments: